Call for papers C2: CSCL
ICCE 2023 Sub-Conference on Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) and Learning Sciences
We invite submissions from researchers who investigate phenomena in the field of Computer Supported Collaborative Learning and Learning Sciences. In today’s digital world, it is critical to understand the role of technology in teaching and learning. How can technology best support the development of disciplinary knowledge? How can it foster meaningful civic engagement? How can it cultivate 21st century skills? How can it provide expansive learning opportunities that develop learners’ interests and promote lifelong learning? Moreover, what is technology’s role in promoting diversity and access? How can learning designs contribute to greater societal equity and social justice? The sub-conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning and Learning Sciences aims to promote pancontinental discussion about learning designs that bring together perspectives from educational technology, information science, educational psychology, museum research, learning sciences, library science, instructional science, computer science, cognitive science, design research, human-computer interaction, and more. We welcome high quality conceptual, theoretical and/or empirical contributions that examine teaching and learning processes within formal and informal technology-supported learning environments, and that expand our understanding of technology, learning, teaching, and the contexts in which learning and teaching can take place. We also encourage submissions from either mature or early-stage projects, and from both senior and junior scholars.
- PC Executive Chair
- Ben CHANG, National Central University, Taiwan
- PC Co-chair
- Daniel BODEMER, University of Duisburg Essen, Germany
- Gaoxia ZHU, National Institute of Education, Singapore
- SIG Chair
- Elizabeth KOH, National Institute of Education, Singapore
- C1: ICCE Sub-Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education/Intelligent Tutoring System (AIED/ITS) and Adaptive Learning.
- C2: ICCE Sub-Conference on Computer-supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL) and Learning Sciences.
- C3: ICCE Sub-Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ALT), Learning Analytics and Digital Infrastructure
- C4: ICCE Sub-Conference on Classroom, Ubiquitous, and Mobile Technologies Enhanced Learning (CUMTEL)
- C5: ICCE Sub-Conference on Educational Gamification and Game-based Learning (EGG)
- C6: ICCE Sub-Conference on Technology Enhanced Language Learning (TELL)
- C7: ICCE Sub-Conference on Practice-driven Research, Teacher Professional Development and Policy of ICT in Education (PTP)