Call for Proposals
“Showcase of Advancements in Technology-Enhanced Learning in Underrepresented Countries” (SATELUC)
31st International Conference on Computers in Education (ICCE) December 4-8, 2023 / Matsue, Shimane, JapanAccepted revised proposals will be published in the ICCE Proceedings, which will be submitted to Elsevier for inclusion in Scopus.
The objective of this showcase is to provide a platform for researchers, educators, and practitioners from underrepresented countries to report their innovative ideas, research findings, practical applications, or national/regional policies in the field of technology-enhanced learning (TEL). This showcase is not a financial aid program.
We invite proposals from individuals or teams working in technology-enhanced learning from underrepresented countries to submit proposals in the form of poster paper (2-3 pages) submission for the showcase. The proposed themes may include but are not limited to the following topics:
- Innovative use of technology for teaching, learning and assessment
- Development of new educational technologies or technological platforms/tools
- Studies on the current situation and trends of TEL in an underrepresented country (or cross-country comparative studies)
- Research or practice in teacher education and professional development in TEL
- Reporting on or critiquing national/regional TEL policies within an underrepresented country
All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of experts in the field of TEL. To encourage more participation from underrepresented countries, we are inclined to accept revised and improved proposals with respect to reviewer comments.
The SATELUC participants will be provided with a poster or demonstration space at a dedicated SATELUC session with the name of their country prominently displayed. Additional arrangements may be made for participants to socialize with the ICCE participants in general, including members of the APSCE Executive Committee.
Definition of Underrepresented Countries for Participation in SATELUC:In principle, SATELUC considers countries and regions with less than 10 registered participants in each of the last three ICCE editions (2020, 2021, 2022) as underrepresented countries. This is a soft guideline and the SATELUC co-chairs reserve the right to relax it. For the inaugural ICCE SATELUC in 2023, the following countries and regions will not be considered as underrepresented countries. Therefore, authors from these countries/regions are not eligible to submit proposals to SATELUC. The list may be revised for future editions of SATELUC.
- Hong Kong
Important dates (Link):
Submission procedure:Proposals must be submitted by e-mails to the SATELUC Co-Chairs with the subject line “Proposal submission to SATELUC, ICCE 2023”:
- Lung-Hsiang WONG, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, email@example.com
- Mas Nida Khambari, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ivica BOTICKI, University of Zagreb, Crotia
- May-Marie TALANDRON-FELIPE, University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines, Philippines
- Saida ULFA, State University of Malang, Indonesia
- File types: MS Word (.DOC or .RTF) or PDF
- Language: English (British or US)
- Paper length: 3 pages
- Paper format guide & template: ICCE2023 template
- Papers submitted are not expected to include full literature but should have relevant citations.