In 2007, the Asia-Pacific Society for Computers in Education (APSCE) established a financial aid and scholarship program to assist in ‘fostering and sustaining a vibrant community of young researchers within the region’ (one of the Society’s goals). The program provides awards to potential young leaders among the student community, who have no adequate funding to attend ICCE2023. Important information on eligibility criteria, documentation, selection criteria, notification and submission deadline are listed below.
Eligibility Criteria for Applicants
- Open to graduate students (Master’s and Doctoral students) who are in need of financial support to attend ICCE2023. Those who have graduated with a Master’s degree (past 12 months) and are waiting to enroll in a PhD programme can also be considered. Please see the documentation required below.
- Must be the first-authors or presenters of accepted papers of ICCE2023 [i.e., theme-based main conference papers, workshop papers, WIPP (Working in Progress Papers), DSC (Doctoral Student Consortium) papers, extended summary papers, or SATELUC (Showcase of Advancements in Technology-Enhanced Learning in Underrepresented Countries) proposals.
- Only applicants whose papers received overall favorable ratings from ICCE2023 reviewers (e.g., fall in the “inclined to accept” or “definitely accept” category)” will be considered.
The following documents must be included in the application:
- A copy of postgraduate (Master/PhD/EdD) admission letter or a copy of student’s ID or evidence of PhD/EdD application.
- A copy of the acceptance letter/email for accepted papers in ICE2023 (including information on the overall ratings of the accepted paper) from the respective chairs.
- A brief description highlighting your past contribution to the research community in general and/or the APSCE in particular. For those who have not had the opportunity to do so yet, please highlight how you can contribute to the community in the near future. Information on your prior experience participating in previous ICCEs in any forms (e.g., authors, presenters, volunteers, reviewers) is welcomed.
- A letter of recommendation from your advisor/supervisor endorsing your contribution to the community in the past and substantiating the current status of your financial situation. If you are not the first-author of the accepted paper, but will be the presenter of the paper, your supervisor/advisor must clearly state this.
Only applicants who have met the aforementioned criteria will be considered. Priority will be given to those who have contributed as an individual to the research community in any form, or have participated in prior ICCE(s).
Applicants whose papers have been recommended by the paper review panel for Best Student Paper Award/Best Paper Award/Best Technical Paper Award
will have an added advantage. Special attention will be given to self-financed students of their postgraduate programs. In addition, priority will be given to students whose papers have been accepted for the theme-based main conference first, followed by workshop, WIPP, DSC, Extended Summary papers, and lastly SATELUC proposals. Those who have not received subsidized support through APSCE for attending past ICCEs will also be given priority.
Submission Link and Deadline
All applications must be submitted at https://forms.gle/9CQsb7UTHXaCn1aM7
on or before
15 September 22 September
Successful applicants will be awarded the amount of USD 500 each. Successful applicants will receive the award certificate in an open ceremony during ICCE2023 (e.g., welcome party, open ceremony, or closing ceremony). Awardees who are unable to attend the ceremony (physically) for which they have been selected to receive this award must forfeit their award. Awardees are required to attend all possible sessions throughout the conference.
Applicants will be notified via e-mail of the result of their applications. Successful applicants will be required to formally inform the Program Committee of their decision to accept the Merit Scholarship award.
Reimbursement of Award
All Merit Scholarship recipients are required to attend the ICCE2023 conference at the stipulated conference date and location in order to receive the reimbursement of their award. To ensure this criteria is fulfilled, award recipients will only receive the reimbursement of their award after the conference. In addition, all recipients are required to submit a report (suggested length: 500 words) indicating how they have benefited from their participation in ICCE2023 within one month after the conference. The report will be published in a reserved section of the APSCE Newsletter.
Any queries can be directed to APSCE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM COMMITTEE